Machine learning basics
The estimated time to complete this training module is 4h.
The prerequisites to take this module are:
- the installation module.
- the python scripts module.
- the python data analysis module.
Contact Desiree Lussier if you have questions on this module, or if you want to check that you completed successfully all the exercises.
The first portion of this module was presented by Estefany Suarez and Jacob Vogel during Brainhack School 2020 and the notebook by Alexandre Hutton during for the MAIN 2019 machine learning workshop.
The tutorial slides are available here.
The notebook for the exercise is available here
The video presentations are available below. The first video (Estefany Suarez and Jacob Vogel) is here:
- Watch the video presentation by Estefany Suarez and go over the slides.
- Download the notebook
- Follow the tutorial within the Jupyter Notebook and run the code. Feel free to play around with the code to see what happens!
- Follow up with Désirée Lussier to validate you completed the exercise correctly.
- 🎉 🎉 🎉 you completed this training module! 🎉 🎉 🎉
If you are curious to learn more, you can check this tutorial “Understanding and diagnosing your machine-learning models” by Gael Varoquaux here.
Additional examples, tutorials, and documentation can be found at the Scikit-Learn website.